I want to share with you a simple egg white face mask DIY that I love to do once a week to tighten my skin and shrink my pores. It's so easy and it only involves one ingredient, egg whites for an egg white face mask! You can add other beautifying ingredients for added benefits as well if you are feeling creative. Egg whites are beneficial for all skin types, but they are especially great for oily skin.
Egg white Face Masks help shrink pores by tightening the skin due to its natural astringent properties. They are also rich in protein and albumin that help tone and promote wrinkle free skin.
All you have to do is:
- Crack an egg and separate the yolk from the egg white
- Whisk the egg white for 5-8 mins until it is frothy and has a white/bubbly texture
- Apply the frothy egg white to your clean face and leave on for 15 mins
- Rinse off with cool water
- Pat dry with a soft towel
You can also add:
- 1/8 tsp of raw honey to help treat/prevent inflammation & acne
- a few drops of fresh squeezed lemon juice to brighten the skin
- 1/8 tsp of brown sugar for its glycolic acid content that helps the skin maintain perfect oil balance
I hope you will try out this super simple homemade DIY and you can also check out my #HumpdayHack video tutorial below demonstrating how I make and apply this egg white face mask.