You may be asking: what exactly is turmeric? It is actually a spice that has been used for thousands of years in India for medicinal purposes. However, this ingredient works its magic just as well externally as it does internally. It also happens to be the main spice found in curry!
Why Is Turmeric So Beneficial For Me?
Turmeric is popularly known for its anti-inflammatory properties due to curcumin, which is a type of ginger that is found in turmeric. Curcumin is also known to help ease internal pain and even prevent or slow down the effects of cancer. Another benefit to curcumin found in turmeric is that is can help manage depression. A study in 2013 even showed how well curcumin worked to combat depression on patients who suffered from it. Demonstrating that turmeric is powerful stuff!
How Can Turmeric Benefit My Skin?
Fighting acne can be difficult, but turmeric can definitely help. Also known for its antibacterial properties, turmeric will naturally fight your breakouts and leave your skin glowing. Mix some turmeric powder along with plain yogurt and a few drops of lemon juice to create an acne-fighting turmeric face mask. Just leave on for ten minutes and rinse with warm water! Turmeric can also be found in Facial Serums for brightening purposes.
Turmeric doesn’t just make acne disappear; it can also help manage both oily and dry skin and prevent wrinkles as well! It all depends on what you mix with the turmeric to create the right turmeric face mask for your skin type. This spice can help every skin type due to its other core properties such as antioxidants and antiseptic properties! If you don’t want to try to make your own turmeric face mask, you can order it freshly made here.
Turmeric Soup Recipe
Now, with the knowledge on how beneficial turmeric can be for you and your skin you may want an idea on how to get your turmeric intake. This simple veggie filled soup recipe with not only look amazing but taste delicious from the kick the turmeric will give it!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Serves: About 4
Ingredients: (always use organic ingredients when possible)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 32 oz. carton of vegetable broth
- 3 to 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt (or more for taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (or more for taste)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets chopped
- 1 15 oz. can of beans
- 1 bunch of kale chopped
- 1 7 oz. package of noodles of your choice drained
- Warm some oil in a large pot on medium low on the stove. Then add onion and stir for 5 to 7 minutes until they turn a golden brown. After, add carrots and celery and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Then add the turmeric, garlic, ginger, and cayenne. Stir until everything is coated and cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add the broth, water, salt, and pepper and continue to stir. Bring the water to a boil then reduce to low heat. Now add the cauliflower, cover the pot and let the mixture simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- When the cauliflower is ready, proceed to add the beans, kale, and noodles. Cook until kale is slightly wilted and the noodles are soft.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a comment below if you have ever used turmeric before, I would love to hear how this beneficial spice has helped you!
Cover image (source)